Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Plunging in to painting

I've been thinking for awhile now about delving into the fingerpainting realm. Seems so mean to not let my crafty boy dabble in this wonderful medium. But it is with great trepidation that I even pause to consider it.

So I was delighted and intrigued recently when I read one mom's suggestion of using plain old water, a paintbrush and a sheet of construction paper to make-believe paint! WELL!! I was all over that idea. And I'm recommending it to you!

Ian loves using a paintbrush, and when the construction paper gets wet, it changes colors. It's quite a thrill for him! Plus, cleanup is a breeze and once the paper's dry it can be used again!

And the benefit of this is that it taught me that I was not wrong regarding the fingerpainting famine! The first time Ian got the paintbrush wet he stood at the table waving it in the air, sprinkling water hither and yon!! Praise the Lord, no paint, or my curtains would've been spattered with his exuberance!

2 comments:

Grace Whisperer said...

Oh, are they the ColorWonder paints? Good to know they work well. How does Riley like them?

Grace Whisperer said...

Thanks for the tip!! I'm (I mean WE're)going to have to try them.