Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Why I love being a Mommy....

I recently read a MOPS newsletter, and the author had been encouraged, after a discouraging day, to make a list about why she loved being a mommy. I thought that was a great idea, so here is my list:
  • Snuggling
  • Toddler smoochies
  • Giggles and smiles
  • Reading books
  • Having an excuse to play at the playground
  • Seeing the world through new eyes
  • New insights into God's love, patience and grace
  • The sounds of my husband and son laughing and playing together
  • Newfound discipline and self-sacrifice
  • Built in activity during otherwise uncomfortable gatherings! :)
  • Pushing myself to be more social and more active
  • Seemingly miraculous powers to heal and to comfort
  • Cool toys to play with
  • The joy of blowing bubbles during bath and play time

No comments: