Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Marking Time

Believe it or not, I'm in the middle of a long, involved blog about our potty training adventure... Heh! But being a perfectionist, I need to kind of fine tune it. So I thought I would just share a great idea I was reading about the other day in our paper. The lady in the story was being deployed to Iraq. Her 6 year old son asked her, "How long is a year?" So she made him a paper chain, with a link for each day, and each week is color coded. Every day her son can rip one of the links off to tick off the days.

I thought it was especially great, because Steve will be taking a trip to Peru next month for about 9 days. (Yeah, nine days alone with a toddler!! Anyone want to grab some coffee with me?! :) The last time Steve went to Peru, I made a little calendar for Ian and he got to put stickers on it every day Daddy was gone. But I like the chain idea, especially because I started thinking about putting prayer requests on each link, so we could pray for something specific to that day. But what a great way to mark the passing of time in general!!

No comments: