Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What's cooking?!!

I have often thought how cool it would be to have a little item on the right sidebar called, "What's cooking?!" And there I would just post what we had for dinner. I haven't really looked into doing that, time being what it is, so I thought I'd just post for now.

I am not especially gifted in the area of cooking. Oh, I TRY, but even the recipes I have tried seem to rarely succeed! So when I (or more likely, my wonderful hubby) find something that works, I like to make a note of it. I am also constantly wondering what others are making for dinner, because I am constantly looking for new things to try. :)

Tonight Steve made Pierogies, fried with kielbasa and shallots. We accompanied this with a yummy cheddar cheese sauce (I CAN make a nice cheese sauce!) and peas. It was a hit!! YUMMMM! Kudos to my dear hubby for coming up with this combo. I would've been happy to eat the Pierogies plain with sour cream, but that's not exactly a balanced meal.

So, what did YOU have for dinner?! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi heather! i just read your blog for the first time in awhile. i think it's such a great way to stay in touch with friends.
anyway, i love your sidebar idea. i have a hard time being creative with food too. i just bought rachel ray's "365 No Repeats" cookbook and signed up for something called the 6 o'clock scramble. this woman, avila goldberg, sends me 5 recipes/meal ideas and includes a grocery list. both of these things have helped out some. but my favorite things remain, 1)eating/ordering out 2)sam cooking!
lol,
angie

Grace Whisperer said...

LOL!! Oh, we have soooo much in common!! ;) Steve's been doing a lot of the cooking recently, or else we've been eating out. This pregnancy has been really rough on my back and standing can be pretty painful at times. I feel like such a wimp!

BTW, I signed up for the six o'clock scramble about two years ago! I think I used it for 3 months or so. I enjoyed getting all the recipes and stuff, and kept a list of some in a word document, but I can't say I tried many of them. I guess I need extra help in that area.