Friday, October 27, 2006

Great expectations

So, have I mentioned that we are expecting a new arrival? I confess that this little guy has been keeping me quite busy the last few weeks, and not letting me get much rest in return! He and his big brother are already conspiring against me!! No fair! :)

But I see this sleep deprivation as the good Lord's way of preparing me for the months to come. I already know that sleep will be in short supply, and I am amazed at how well I have been able to function on about 4-6 hours of sleep a night!! Thank you Lord for a husband that works nights and lets me nap in the afternoons. Don't know how I'd do it without the afternoon nap. It's still a far cry from the amount of sleep I got before Ian came into our lives though. I'm hoping that the transition to life with a newborn will be less traumatic this time around, having spent the last 35 months in training and all. Well, we can hope.

At any rate, the little guy is due November 22nd... about 4 weeks away... but since Ian was 2 1/2 weeks early, and caught us quite by surprise, I have been determined NOT to be caught so unprepared this time around. So my goal has been to have everything ready by the end of October, even all the holiday shopping. I'm sure I'm making my poor hubbie crazy. And to be honest, I'm making myself crazy too. Because the fact is, I feel so sure that this kid's arrival is right around the corner that I can't rest. I have over-psyched myself out, friends!!

Even Ian has caught the fever! A few days ago he began saying to me, quite out of the blue, that he was going to have a "bro'r" and that he would be "comin' soon!". Since then, that seems to have become his new mantra. He tells everyone he meets... in church, in stores, you name it... that his "bro'r" is "coming soon!". He seems pretty excited about it. I know it may not last, but it is the first I have seen that he's seeing this baby's arrival as a positive thing, so I find it very encouraging.

On that note, I'm going to head to bed for the second time this evening and hope that this time I can stay there!!

No comments: