Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful my baby's overdue!

Yeah, that's right... I'm actually thankful that my Little-Lamb-to-be is overdue. My sister tells me I'm probably the only one in the world that postpones an induction because I can wait a few more days. :) Can this be true?!

Well, yes, I made it through Thanksgiving without going into labor and disrupting everyone's life, so I feel like a "good girl". But the real reason I'm glad I'm overdue right now is because Little Man's cold/virus is probably the worst he's had, and now I've got it too. Oh yeah!!

Now, I realize that life is NOT perfect, and that we don't always have control over circumstances like births and holidays and the like, but let's face it, there are some things we CAN exercise control over.... Like being induced--or NOT-- just as your son comes down with the worst illness he's ever had.

Little Man can't even sleep for more than 4 hours at night, poor little guy. So guess who else isn't getting sleep? You got that right!! I am amazed at how God pours out his grace on days and nights like this, and supernaturally provides me with the appropriate coping skills and maternal instincts! I KNOW, in and of myself, I just don't have it. Even so, I feel like I'm already taxing even the unsearchable depths of God's grace, being sleep deprived for over a month now, 9 months pregnant and ill myself....

So,let's see, should I choose to add a newborn's schedule and fragile immune system to this mix? Are you for real?

On the really positive side, Dear Hubby granted my fondest wish today and took Little Man to the family gathering a half hour away, and left me alone so I could rest!! Halleleujah!! One more thing to be thankful for!! :)

No comments: