Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Delayed Gratification

I have been searching in vain for a Precept Bible Study group in my area for years. I even went to Precept Ministries website to search it out. Found nothing. So I actually thought I'd start one myself! Not as easy as you might think!! And perhaps rightly so. Precept Bible studies are pretty intense, with hours of homework every week. There's quite a few classes that you have to attend to become an official leader, and none of them are in my area. Harumph!

Well, a year and a half ago, at my local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting, I heard someone mention attending a local Precept Bible Study at a local church. Hmmm... But I was in the (very nauseating) first trimester of my pregnancy with Lumpadump(9mos) and the study was about to end. So I decided to wait until it started up again in the Fall. But you know how it goes. In the Fall, Lumpadump's entrance into the world was imminent and it just seemed crazy to take on anything new. So I waited.

Now here it is, a year later!! And I am finally starting a Precept study on the book of Hebrews!! I am so excited!! I can't think of a better book to be studying and the teacher is awesome. I don't know how it is that she's flying below the Precept Ministry radar. I'm just glad she's there!

Very likely, the little nuggets that I take away from the study will be showing up, here and there.

No comments: