Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas assemblies

We are coming to the end of 9 days without "Daddy". We are actually doing pretty well. I've been keeping the boys and myself busy, busy, busy all week. Today was the first day of relaxation we have had since last Friday.

After Lumpadump went down for a late morning nap, Little Man asked me to build a stable for his stuffed animals. That was a first!! So, I decided the time was right to bring out the Playmobil Nativity set that I had bought last year (but had not yet given to him). It was our first experience with the Playmobil stuff, and took awhile to assemble everything, but Little Man took to it like crazy!! He played with it all afternoon and every chance he could get in the evening! No sooner had I gotten everything assembled than he quickly disassembled it all... right down to the hair and the beards!! At one point he actually came to me, pieces in hand, and asked for help putting a wiseman's beard on Mary!! Not exactly what I had pictured when I bought it!

Currently the boys are in bed and the Playmobil Nativity site looks very much like it was hit by a hurricane!! Pieces and parts are everywhere... animals and people are lying in disarray. I'd take a picture for you, but Hubby took the digital to Peru.

No comments: