Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

This year all my resolutions are related to simplifying my life with a goal to become more Christlike. We live in a great age. Everything is at our fingertips. Anything we want to know, research, read or buy is just a click away. I LOVE it. I HATE it!

Meanwhile, I have unfinished (and unstarted) projects filling up cabinets, closets and our pantry! Yes, our pantry!! Some of these were started before our first son was even a glimmer in our eyes. I never found the time to work on things then, but somehow I continue to deceive myself into believing that I will NOW, two kids later, suddenly find some free hours to cross-stitch the Christmas tree skirt, rubberstamp birthday cards and Christmas cards, scrapbook the last 10 years of my life (thousands of pictures), organize and try the new recipes buried in a folder, order wedding pictures (from almost 10 years ago.... Yep, haven't even gotten a wedding album yet). Don't even get me started about all the programming books I have stacked on my bookshelf, half-read.

So the goal this year? SIMPLIFY, Simplify, simplify!! I need to kill the clutter in my home. I need to be ruthless in tossing out the projects gathering dust. I need to focus on my goals, and rid my life of just about everything that does not help me reach them! I find that I can't even THINK at times, as the physical clutter (carefully and tastefully squirreled away, mind you) seems to lead into mental clutter.

To that end, I am determined to Simplify my life, organize the stuff that survives the cut, sell or toss the stuff that doesn't, and beautify my surroundings.

How about you? Any resolutions to share?

No comments: