Monday, January 14, 2008

Vampire Bugs and Menu Plans

Here at Whispers of Grace, our family is still fighting the little bug that the Little Men brought home with them. It sure is strange. I'm going to call it the Vampire Bug. Except for a general loss of appetite, this thing only manifests it's symptoms at night! For the first 3 nights that Ian-almost 4 years- was ill, he woke up around 11:45 at night with a fever. The rest of the day he was "fine"! If he hadn't been waking up with a fever and aches, I'd never have known he was really sick. (See previous post!) Since then, he just wants a little extra sleep, but that's about it. The last two nights, just before bed, he's had some other symptoms running thru his body, if you get my meaning. But again, I say, that's it!

So with that lovely segue, I'm contemplating this menu for the week. But I'm not going to be very strict about it, feeling rather blah myself.

Monday: Pasta with vodka sauce
Tuesday: Fish & Potatoes
Wednesday: Teriyaki Pork & Rice
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie
Friday: Homemade pizza
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Breakfast! :)

Check out what else is cooking at "I'm an organizing junkie"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the boys eat what's on the menu?

Grace Whisperer said...

The boys usually eat the items on the menu, but not every time it's served and not necessarily without whining! LOL!! Like most 3 year olds, mealtime seems to be the hill he has choosen to die on.

I will say this though... Ian will NOT eat rice! He had a stomach bug last year, several hours after he ate rice. Let's just say, it was not a pretty sight! I sympathize, so he gets a pass when we have rice.