Monday, May 29, 2006

Family Traditions

Just got back from a weekend at my sister's. It was a combination of my niece's 3rd birthday, our Dad's birthday and our Annual Family Christmas Exchange. Yes... we are a bit out of season. I won't say whether we're early for this year or late for last year. That will be our little family secret.

Now, you may be wondering just why it is that our celebration is so untimely.... I think that we are often wondering the same thing. It's complicated.... Dad is a snowbird and is often way out of the area at that "Most Wonderful Time of the Year". This year, one of my sisters was "great with child" during the aforementioned wonderful time, and so travel was out of the question, naturally. The rest of us? Well, we do have lives too, ya know!

But May is nice. We don't usually do anything for Memorial Day anyway, so it actually worked out well. :)

No comments: