Monday, May 15, 2006

Survivor

Don't know if you've been following the latest round of Survivor Panama.... I have, to an almost embarassing degree. Well, last night I subjected my poor husband to the three hour finale. Keep in mind the man hasn't seen a single episode leading up to the finale. You can imagine how thrilled he was!! :) (Actually, he kind of seemed to get into it.)

It's very hard for me to watch these kinds of shows and not get all emotionally entangled in the political process, the mind-games, the physical challenges. At the beginning of the season, I don't know these people and I don't much care about them, but at some point, I become invested. I want certain people out!! Shane and Courtney for example! I want certain people to win.... Cirie or Terry, even when I realize the deck may be stacked against them.

Last night... what an upset!! Who would've thought Danielle would win the immunity challenge? Who would've thought she'd take Aras with her? Who would have thought Aras would win the whole deal?!! I tell you what.... I was NOT happy. If ever anyone probably deserved to win it was Terry. Like him or not, I've never seen anyone else Outwit, Outplay and Outlast anyone like he did. Too bad when he lost the immunity idol he failed to win the only immunity challenge he needed to win.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahahah! I love how these networks suck you in with their most excellent programming! Sam & I have had "our shows" that we've been loyally following all season. I think we're both looking forward to the summer and and break from these programs that enslave us to our television sets on Monday nights from 8-10 and Tuesdays from 8-9 and Wednesdays from 9-10 and Thursdays from 9-10...

Grace Whisperer said...

Angie, I know exactly about what you mean about enslavement. I'm already heaving a sigh of relief that the season is mostly over. Steve and I were just talking about that last night and agreed we need to do some unplugging.