Thursday, May 04, 2006

Winnie the Pooh and Jesus

Recently, Ian began attending a "real" sunday school class--one that is not only dedicated to playing for the full hour he is there. He actually makes things and colors pictures about some Bible passage that (I assume) has been read to the class.

It's interesting to me that the coloring sheets they give him also come with stickers or some other "crafty" thing for him to add. When he gets home and we put up the picture, inevitably he tries to remove the stickers, because he likes repositioning stickers all around the house and his body until they are no longer sticky. Post-it note makers take note: Repositionable stickers would be a toddler goldmine!

Resurrection of Pooh and Jesus

Well, the last few weeks Ian has also gotten the idea that he can add his own stickers to his Sunday school papers. Why not? One day as a reward he got a couple of Elmo stickers. I put them on his shirt and he removed them and added them to the picture of Jesus healing the lady with an issue of blood!! I gotta say that freaked me out for just a second.

After Easter, he got a couple of Pooh stickers and added them to his picture about Jesus' resurrection! So here's Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore, floating in the air, next to Jesus... It's just wrong!! But I have to admit that it makes me smile...

No comments: